On Tuesday, TSA commenced reporting the confirmed scenarios of COVID-19 from only the past 14 days. As of Tuesday, 31 TSA employees had examined optimistic, which includes 24 screening officers and seven some others who have minimal conversation with the touring community. That full has approximately tripled in the past week.
As is the situation with The usa in common, the New York location represented the greatest concentration of confirmed cases amongst TSA officers, with five at JFK Intercontinental, 4 at Newark Liberty Worldwide and one particular at LaGuardia.
The 1st TSA circumstance was confirmed at the Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport in late February.
“TSA understands that COVID-19 is on the minds of travelers and the common public,” browse an announcement on the agency’s site. “TSA is doing work with the CDC and state and neighborhood health and fitness departments to keep an eye on community conditions as well as the overall health and protection of our staff members and the touring general public.
“Impacted safety checkpoints may possibly near as essential, so you may well be redirected to other security screening checkpoints at the airport. TSA officers continue being focused to their mission to ensure that vacationers can get to their places as safely and securely and securely as feasible.”
The 13 airports with verified circumstances are:
- John F. Kennedy International (JFK in New York): 5
- Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International (SJC in San Jose, California): 5
- Orlando Global (MCO in Orlando, Florida): 4
- Newark Liberty Global (EWR in Newark, New Jersey): 4
- Atlanta Hartsfield Intercontinental (ATL in Atlanta): 2
- Ft. Lauderdale-Hollywood Worldwide (FLL in Fort Lauderdale, Florida): 2
- LaGuardia (LGA in New York): 1
- Cleveland Hopkins Worldwide (CLE in Cleveland): 1
- Cyril E. King Intercontinental (STT in St. Thomas, Virgin Islands): 1
- Washington Dulles International (IAD in Dulles, Virginia): 2
- Dallas-Fort Worthy of Global (DFW in Texas): 1
- Indianapolis International (IND in Indiana): 1
- Las Vegas McCarran Worldwide (LAS in Nevada): 1
Inquire the Captain:What are airlines performing to sanitize planes and airports?